First, our regular programming. Nora wore this jacket almost everyday this past spring. I got a such a thrill finding this Joe Fresh jacket for only $2.99
I am such a creature of habit and don’t really enjoy shopping (I know, what’s wrong with me). This is probably because I am a true loner at heart.
But when I decide on wanting something, I have to have it and it is usually something I will use or wear all the time.
1. In short, I know it is a overpriced fitness band. And that is my primary use. I use it on every run and every work out. I also obsess about how often I stand everyday and how many calories I burn each day. The apple watch is perfect for my fitness OCD tendencies. I usually take it off when I bath Nora and I feel so naked. I want to do a full review of the apple watch soon but for now, all I will say is it meets my expectations.
2. I worked at United Colors of Benetton in high school and always got excited at the beginning of every new season. When we got a big shipment, one of the key tasks was steaming all the clothes before they hit the sales floor. I always volunteered to steam the clothes because I loved seeing the steamer smooth out the wrinkles. I always thought that someday when I was making a salary, this would be one of the first luxury items I will buy. Luckily, ML bought this for me shortly after we graduated from university. I use my steamer about 3-5 times a week and he made sure to buy me the Jiffy brand as that was the brand we had at Benetton.
3. I am the laziest person I know (it’s my dirty secret). I love, love, love drinking lukewarm water. Every morning, the first thing I do is boil water and for years I always complained about it. When ML and I first lived together and our kettle broke, I was so moody during that time, it took so long to boil water on our stove (in my mind it felt like forever). About 3 years ago, I decided to finally buy a Zojirushi hot water dispenser. I use this every morning and several times at night. On the weekends when we’re home, I probably use it 10x a day. It makes me feel like I am a millionaire the fact that I don’t have to boil water. Aside from my family, I would save my Zojirushi if my house was on fire.
4. I’m not too proud of this item just because I am now learning how bad it can be to be addicted to screens. My ipad combines my love for magazines, podcasts and books. I read all my magazines on this, check out library books and download it on my ipad and use my Kindle app mainly on my ipad. When I started to sleep train Nora to sleep at 7pm, while she fell asleep on my chest, I would have my ipad in one hand reading books until 10pm when I finally fell asleep. When I am cooking, I have my ipad near by as I don’t buy hard cover cook books anymore. I have used android tablets and I don’t think it can hold a candle to the ipad.
5. This item is a new addition to my daily routine. I have only been using the Bluetooth headset for the past 4 months. I am obsessed with listening to podcasts. I cannot do laundry unless a podcast is on, or cook or clean. Sometimes it feels crippling when the battery on my headset is dead. I love that the headset can travel with me throughout the house and I don’t have to carry my phone with me. I love running with the headset and don’t have to worry whether the strings are long enough. I walk from the GO train to my work and again, the phone can be in my bag while I listen to my music or pod cast.